The Taube Centre is ready to announce a call for applications for 2 post-doctoral research positions in social sciences or humanities.
It offers a base for an international community of high-level scholars willing to devote themselves entirely to their research work without teaching obligation.
The position is full-time and announced for a period of 1 year (October 2022 – September 2023).
Competition commencement date: 5th of August 2022
Applications can be filed till 4th September 2022
Online interviews of shortlisted candidates will be held at the beginning of September 2022
The decision regarding competition settlement shall be made by the 15th of September 2022.
The Taube Centre for Advanced Studies in the Social Sciences Jagiellonian University in Kraków invites applications for Postdoc positions interested in carrying out research on the general subject of
New challenges to democracy.
In particular, the following areas of research are suggested:
- politics of history/history of politics and the crisis of democracy; illiberal democracy/post-democracy. Is ‘illiberal democracy’ an oxymoron or a legitimate alternative to the liberal tradition? The future of the EU’s democratic spirit
- digital citizenship
- migration questions: security and the future of integration of the democratic EU; migration from the perspective of critical race theory and feminist theories
- representation in democracy (immigrants, minorities, women); representation of democracy
- democracy in the post-Covid era; security; liberal values; populist denial of science and expertise
- security and the climate change
Candidates are expected to propose topics of research they would like to carry out during the year of employment at the Taube Centre.
How to apply
Candidates applying for the posts should submit the following documents:
- A concise research proposal in English. The proposal should be about 8,000 characters incl. spaces and should include: the academic problem(s) addressed; a critical consideration of relevant literature; the research goals and expected results; work and time schedule
- Copy of doctoral diploma or diploma confirming that the candidates’ habilitation degree, if applicable
- Doctoral dissertation or habilitation dissertation review, if applicable
- Latest performance evaluation form, if the candidate was subject to such evaluation
- List of publications (along with the respective publishing houses and the number of pages)
- Two letters of recommendation by scholars familiar with the applicant’s academic work.
- Personal questionnaire filled in by the candidate (declaration, see link below)
- Information regarding the processing of personal data (declaration, see link below)
The documents should be provided in English (or translated into English) and should be sent in electronic version (PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Declaration forms can be obtained at: https://cso.uj.edu.pl/konkursy (Files to download)
In a competitive selection process, the Jagiellonian University follows the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and a Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers.